cannot find the file specified "Z:\jythondev\jython27\.."

You think you found a bug, but you're not sure... or maybe you know you found a bug!

cannot find the file specified "Z:\jythondev\jython27\.."

Postby carlosqt » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi there,

I was verifying your plugin on NetBeans 8.1, but I stop when I got the following issue:

I just installed your plugin, then I created a new python project (ant because I'm on Windows) and I get the following error running the hello world example.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 444, in
File "", line 435, in main
File "Z:\jythondev\jython27\src\shell\build\jython\out00-PYZ.pyz\subprocess", line 522, in call
File "Z:\jythondev\jython27\src\shell\build\jython\out00-PYZ.pyz\subprocess", line 710, in __init__
File "Z:\jythondev\jython27\src\shell\build\jython\out00-PYZ.pyz\subprocess", line 958, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I'm on Windows 10 and running the code above on NetBeans 8.1 on JVM 8u65 64bit. I think there may be something pointing to your development environment (drive Z:\jythondev\)

Carlos Q
carlosqt

Re: cannot find the file specified "Z:\jythondev\jython27\..

Postby mr_lou_d » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Dear Carlos Q,

Thank you for testing the Python plugin for NetBeans IDE 8.1.

What you experienced is a Jython error. Jython (2.7) can't find java.exe in the path specified by your JAVA_HOME environment variable.
See Bug#256674 at https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=256674

To remedy this problem, update your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the dir which contains the dir \bin with java.exe in it.
Otherwise, you will get this error from Jython (which is not something the nbPython team can "fix").

Let me know how this works out for you, and thanks,
Lou Dasaro
mr_lou_d
Site Admin

Return to Anomalies (Bugs)